The Beginning The Roman Catholic

 
The Beginning
The Roman Catholic Mission of the Diocese of Jaffna, Sri Lanka, established a boys’ school at Ilavalai in 1877. It was named as “Roman Catholic Tamil Boys’ School”.

The medium of instruction was Tamil. English was taught in the Boys’ School from 1904. This was not enough for the thirst of knowledge of the residents of Ilavalai and the adjoining villages. With the ardent request by the locals, Rev. Fr. L. Rodrigo, the Parish Priest of Ilavalai, founded an English school in the year 1907. It was named “St. Henry’s School” after the name of former Bishop of Jaffna, Rt. Revd. Dr. Henry Julian

hit counters

   
 

Director Message

   
  1907 - 1937 
  1938 - 1955 
  1956 - 1976 
  1977 - 1987 
  1988 - 2002
  2003
  2004
  2005
  2006
  2007
  2008
 
  Gallery Page
 
  2010 G.C.E   A/L
  2009,2010 G.C.E  O/L
  
  SHC Trust
    
  Jaffna
  Colombo
  Vanni
  United kingdom
  Canada
  Australia
  Swiss
 
All Rights Reserved.ST.Hentry's College Ilvalai(NP) Srilanka 1907-2011  

      Site Redesign by : Speed IT net